Makes: 8 servings
1 bag Love’s Hot Dog Buns
8 hot dogs
2 pounds ground beef (85/15 or 80/20)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pkg. Hawaiian Sea Salt Company, “Hawaiian Chili Mix” (available at SomGoodHawaii.com)
1 medium onion, diced
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 (15.25 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
Optional: diced white onions, shredded American cheese
1. Prepare Som’ Good Hawaiian Chili Recipe
Chili Instant Pot Preparation:
– In the Instant Pot on sauté mode, add olive oil and brown beef, drain. Add and stir in onions for 45 seconds.
– Add “Hawaiian Chili Mix” and stir into beef and onions for 30-45 seconds. Cancel sauté mode and scrape the bottom of the pot free of any cooking residue. Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and kidney beans and level.
– Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Natural Pressure Release for 15-20 minutes, then Quick Release.
– Stir chili well and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
Chili Traditional Cooking Method:
Add olive oil and brown hamburger in a Dutch oven or large pot and drain. Add onions and all other ingredients, bring to a boil, then simmer for 1½-2 hours. Stir occasionally.
2. Score your hot dogs and grill until golden brown. Add dog to your Love’s Hot Dog Bun and apply Hawaiian Chili mixture. Enjoy with diced onion and shredded cheese!