Makes 16 servings
1 cup butter
¾ cup chopped onion
1 ½ cups chopped celery with leaves
9 cups Love’s bread cubes, fresh
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, or to taste
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until; sauté onion and celery in hot butter until onion is soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put bread cubes in a large bowl. Season bread with salt, sage, thyme, poultry seasoning, and black pepper.
- Add onion mixture to bread cubes; stir. Pour bread mixture into a large casserole dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and hot, about 1 hour.